a death in the family
[html]

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r173 ... header.jpg); background-attach:top center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color:#162022;">
o hi. kiri sucks.

sharksArkham had always been one to consider the world from a distance. On the beach, he would sit on his own rocky cliff and survey the world with an apathetic and impartial gaze. Most things only interested him in passing, and he was usually quick enough to move on to the next shiny thing. As a child, he had been content, perhaps too content. The lands beyond the skull-lined borders had not meant much to him, and he had enjoyed life within Inferni's walls. There, he had had family and books and a beautiful sunrise to look forward to at the beginning of every day -- why should he seek out anything else? Family had always been among the things he really did care about though, if partially because it was a core part of what had made up his very small world. There seemed to be so very little of it left now. He wanted to hold on tight, but part of him was too scared to. The more he tried to keep everything the same, the more things changed.

sharksIt seemed logical to just abandon everything before anything else changed and before anyone else was hurt. People were too fragile; he knew he was too.

sharksTalitha told me, he said quietly, relaxing his hold a little. She didn't tell me what he did though. I'm not sure I want to know. In was true though, that Arkham was very perceptive. Something had changed about his niece when he'd seen her that day amongst the sunflowers. If Samael was at least capable of the idea, then certainly Andrezej would not have shied from it. Arkham had always given his family, his brothers, the benefit of the doubt. Arkham was not sure whether it was possible to be more ashamed of his family -- everything anyone had ever said about them had been true, it seemed. Lykoi was not a pretty name.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread