a death in the family
[html]

"No." The girl shook her head slowly, frowning very lightly. She had come to accept the fact that he might never be happy, or so it seemed, no matter how hard she felt like she was trying to make him happy. "He always sounds so sad, sometimes I think he just wants to be left alone." But it had been a long time since she had spoken to him while he was well, his sickness had left her unsure as to the things he said and the way that he was acting. "You should go see him sometime." She said quietly, turning her eyes out toward the beach to avoid her brother's. "He's proud of us." He said he loved her, after all. "He said he thinks you were scared of him, I think maybe it makes him sad." She wasn't entirely sure, of course, only that it seemed that way.

"I'm gonna leave him alone as best I can as soon as he gets better, but I'd still like to try and see him now and then." She didn't think it was so much to ask to just be able to visit him. She had been a burden on him when she was younger, insisting that she live with him even though she wasn't wanted. He was the father who would have walked out on them but Rachias was the child that refused to let that happen. He didn't need to take care of her anymore though and, every now and then, she wondered if that might have been the only reason that he let her stay at all. Either way, it would be hard for her to be a burden if all she was asking for was some company now and then.

When Arkham brought up Inferni the girl wasn't sure how to answer. She was still and silent for a while, considering her answer, and finally shook her head in response. "Not because of dad, no." There were a million and three reasons why she didn't want to go back there. "When the fire started I went back to find you but Gabriel drug me away. He wouldn't even let me try." He would've let his own brother burn to death. "Then when we got here he instructed us to treat all wolves as enemies. I can't do that Arkham. I know they aren't horrible, they don't want to kill me just because I'm not like them. So I left." She wasn't sure if he would understand, he had been raised there longer than she. "Then Gabriel tried to hurt dad when he was sick, I came in and found him and then Andre. I can't go back." They weren't innocent, she knew it. If Sam had gotten her that day, would Gabriel have killed him? She doubted it and she could only image the horrible things that the rest of them had probably done. "Are you going back?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread