I can hear your heart rustling
[html]

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... -eagle.jpg);background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom;">
Exams are finally over, now I can focus a bit more Smile Haven't written in some time, I get rambly, sorry! Tongue

So his memory did not fail him completely after all. Perhaps he was getting old, despite not having had more than two litters. His mind had felt somewhat ripped after the death of his wife, and he leaned on Gvihita so much more than he had. And even back then, she had been jealous of the bird. She should have known that Dawali, of all people, knew very well how the bond between a tribe member and their guardian spirit worked, and no such thing as romantic love could ever evolve from it. She should have known, but they had argued nevertheless. His mind flowed absently around the thought for a split second, before shaking it off and trying to compose a good answer for the miss. Still, he felt unease at the oddness of her eyes, but tried to meet them, brave as he liked to think he was. Gvihita should have been here. Honestly.

Well.. I don't know how you live, and what you find precious in the world, but we focus on family. Our tribe consists of mostly two different family trees and some joiners due to mateship. Once a member has found a mate, you see, they promise to stay with each other forever, and must choose to either stay in the pack or leave it. They're a unit, so they cannot live separate lives. Why he had mentioned this part of their tradition first, he did not know, but quickly pressed on so as to get past the awkwardness of talking of romantic subjects. That wife of his, and the things she still did to his mind... We have deep traditions and laws for most things.. They're basically how we lead our lives. But telling you about them all would take a very, very long time. The essence of us is family, though, be they dead or still alive. Finishing it off with a smile, Dawali thought this sounded awfully... girly. They also had long traditions and techniques on hunting and other more masculine subjects, but no, he hadn't mentioned them, had he. This whole conversation was becoming a disaster. As he mentally scorned himself for the stupidity of his words, claws bit into his left shoulder, and his spirit guide was there. She'd been there all along, probably. Sneaky little thing. She's got weird eyes, the bird stated. Despite knowing that Gvihita would not notice at all, Dawali shook the shoulder she was on, attempting to punish her for her bluntness. Good thing the miss hadn't heard her. Seconds passed, and suddenly a change came over her. Dawali realized she was making herself visible to the light-pelted femme - a rare action from any spirit guide. Perhaps she sought to teach Tayui more about that part of them, too.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread