Of shoes and ships and sealing-wax
[html]

"Me either." She answered him quietly, bright blue eyes falling to stare down at the ground once. It wasn't the truth though, was it? Her father had seemed helpless ever since the other side of him had gone away but she wouldn't have it any other way. He'd never been as helpless as he had been when he was ill though, when it seemed like even those that were supposed to be close to her wanted nothing more than to terrorize a sick old man. Maybe once, a very long time ago, when he had to tell his young daughter that he had never wanted children, that he didn't know how to be a father but wanted to try, was the only other time he had been that helpless.

His next words brought her attention back around, brought confusion to her eyes, and she frowned for a brief moment. The very last thing that she had wanted was to come at a bad time. Of course, she had already started off with a lie. Iskata wasn't the last bit of family that she had to cling to, the lands were crawling with blood relatives. Inferni held the key to her family, but was a family that you would rather disown really family at all? She was about to speak but was instead motioned toward the older male, whose name she was still slightly unsure of. "Zana.." She said quietly, testing the name and smiling at the small child that seemed to peer right out at her. The last time she had seen children so small was when Talitha and Ezekiel had been younger.

"Mother.. was in an accident.." She felt her heart drop then, a sudden look of confusion taking her. He'd been there that day with her father and she had scolded him and treated him much like a child, only to find that he was a relative. "I'm sorry." She said quietly, not even sure if he would understand that she was referring to both his mother and the way that she had acted that day. "If you think I should come back another time, if that might be better, I can do that." Yet she continued to follow him, if he really thought it wouldn't be best for her to see the woman now he wouldn't be taking her there, right? "I don't want to cause a problem, I just wanted to meet her."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread