We must go on now
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... efinal.png);background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:140px; background-position: bottom center;">
So this was the Fatin that Phoenix heard so much about. Obviously she had been around much longer than he and had time to make a bigger impression on the lands; Phoenix’s own legacy was just getting started. His own adopted daughter had mentioned her several times as her grandmother; did that make them kin of some sort? Right now they were just two alphas, (hopefully) reestablishing whatever alliances their predecessors had. Not that Storm ever really allied itself with anyone; neutrality was the rule for the Storms of generations passed and he hoped very much to carry on that tradition. But he had yet to learn what Jaded Shadows’ (and by extension, Fatin’s) stance was on anything and such information could become useful.

When she mentioned Gabriel he flinched nervously, and the bruises he received from the other seemed to swell and ache once again. What had happened wasn’t his fault, it was all a misunderstanding on Gabriel’s part and Phoenix couldn’t be blamed for defending himself, but he doubted the madman saw it that way. All Phoenix really knew for sure at this point was that he wanted nothing to do with him or that murderous clan if he could help it.

He didn’t know quite what to say when she began proclaiming the virtues of his predecessor. Was she merely being polite, or did she genuinely respect him? Phoenix knew him better than her and at the same time he didn’t know what to think of Gibraltar. He had forged an alliance with Inferni, yes, but at the cost of one member who had been around longer than anyone. And he had run off, unceremoniously dumping the job on Phoenix at the worst conceivable moment, right before his children were born. He had once looked up to the male as his hero, but now the pedestal had crumbled. “Thank you,” he said politely, trying oh-so-hard to play the politic game and be cordial no matter what. “Mordulin was a good friend of mine. She gave me advice when I needed it, really helped me through some tough times. She’ll be missed.” That part, at least, was genuine.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread