We must go on now
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... efinal.png);background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:140px; background-position: bottom center;">
Perfection was never a virtue Phoenix claimed to have—quite the opposite was true. He was all too aware of his foibles. Any creature who thought itself perfect was deluded, possibly even insane. They were a society of flawed being trying to deal with each other’s imperfections, and sometimes those faults collided violently. Ultimately, though, a wolf (or coyote) was judged by those he (or she) associated with. Phoenix did not tolerate murderers or rapists in his company… Skoll was not the most cordial guy to hang out with, yes, but he had a sense of honor and decency. Sometimes that bullheaded sense of right and wrong got him into trouble, but he ever harmed anybody that didn’t have it coming to them already.

Phoenix remained quiet as she spoke, describing each leader in the Bleeding Souls valley. Her use of the word my in describing Phasma piqued his interest but he showed no sign of it. So this was probably where she had been tainted against his friend. What surprised Phoenix about her most was her willingness to trust the leader of Inferni over him. Phoenix had never killed any of her pack-mates, had never driven her from her home. In fact it was quite the opposite; he’d befriended and helped many members of Syemv, and after that disbanded he offered her a new home in his pack. He was beginning to feel like he couldn’t trust anybody that was not a member of his immediate family. It was not a healthy attitude to have, but when dealing with the other packs he’d found the one wolf he thought could back him up actually stabbed him in the back.

And so it came. Phoenix had been hoping to avoid this topic of discussion, but it seemed he’d been hopelessly optimistic. Skoll was his friend but he was beginning to grow weary of defending him, of having to repeat the same rhetoric over and over again. Lifting his chin defiantly, he decided to take another approach. “Excuse me… have you ever even met Skoll?” he asked. “You shouldn’t pass judgement on somebody til you’ve met ‘em. I know him t’be a decent an’ honorable wolf. Little rough ‘round the edges, yeah. Has a knack for getting’ himself in trouble, yeah. But everyone should have a chance t’tell their own side of th’story ‘fore other wolves take up arms against ‘em. ‘Specially when th’ones malignin’ (he’d been looking for an excuse to use that word since learning it) him are murderers an’ pirates themselves.”
[/html]

Messages In This Thread