We must go on now
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... efinal.png);background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:140px; background-position: bottom center;">
He was beginning to see that Gibraltar had been in a no-win scenario before. But even though Skoll had deserved some form of punishment, exile was still extreme in his mind. Storm had to remain neutral in other packs’ affair, and Skoll had broken that chain. Unfortunately, neutrality also meant that they could not step in and prevent an evil if they saw one being committed. It was a burden on each alpha’s soul, but it was the lesser of two evils. Once again Phoenix remembered that life was about balance. Evil could not be prevented, just given as wide a birth as possible while trying not to make eye contact.

And of course the use of his daughter to make a point in defense of her rapist made his control slip, if just for a moment. So, they were both creatures of double standard… but where Fatin was focused merely on the physical body, Phoenix, being a psychic, concerned himself with the emotional. “You call rape a minor slip?” he said, a chuckle warbling in his voice as if it was humorous. “Deirdre ran away from home afterwards. Thought she was worthless, th’one at fault. You may be a healer of bodies, but I can look into another wolf’s soul. Her body may have been a’right, but her mind took a lot longer t’heal.” And a body was nothing without a soul for it to house.

Phoenix shook his head. This female had already made up her mind, and he had already made up his. One could not be blamed for accidentally harming children when the so-called children were trying to kill him. And going back to the lesser of two evils reference, Skoll was definitely such when compared to Inferni. “He may’ve ‘almost’ killed children as you say, but th’member of Inferni actually killed some when they decided they wanted Syemv’s land. All for a stupid house. But I can see there’s no point talkin’ ‘bout this any further. You’re mind’s made up, an’ so is mine.” Where did that leave them, then? At a standstill, certainly, but he also did not want to make an enemy out of the pack’s alpha. “I’m sorry. I didn’t come here lookin’ for a fight, but I don’t like t’hear my friends bein’ badmouthed.”
[/html]

Messages In This Thread