We must go on now
Hnn. That was a long time ago, when I was starting to think I couldn’t find Phoenix a mate.

Y’know, I’m getting a little tired of all this drama with Skoll. Like Phoenix, I was hoping to avoid the subject matter in this thread, or at least not have it blow up as big as it has. I wasn’t looking to be sucked into this much drama when I had Phoenix make his offer.

[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... efinal.png);background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:140px; background-position: bottom center;">
Fatin had not been present when Skoll had exiled Gibraltar, but Phoenix had. Gibraltar had not originally intended to ban Skoll, but when the older wolf began to mouth off, Gibraltar let his own emotions get the better of him as well. Both had been brash and null-headed that day, and a lot less civil to each other than Phoenix was trying to be with this self-righteous female before him. Had both wolves been a little more level-headed then Skoll might never have left Storm. Phoenix did not disagree with the punishment; he disagreed with the extremity. And he had been willing to reaccept Skoll (on certain terms, of course) only because he felt that his friend had done his time and learned a lesson.

It was a shame that no one else could see it that way or trust his judgment. Not that he could rightfully expect them to, since he was the new guy. As a Gamma and Beta, he’d been mostly an internal leader, dealing with the internal affairs within Storm while Gibraltar took care of the outside world. In hindsight he should have paid more attention and tried to take on more challenges. But he hadn’t expected to become alpha for a very long time yet. After learning to doggie-paddle in the river he’d been thrown into the ocean and told to scuba-dive. It was a miracle he hadn’t drowned already.

But Phasma… her betrayal hurt him the most. She should have come to him with her concerns. That was why he had asked her to be his gamma, to help guide using the experience she had and he lacked. Instead she had said nothing and run off to the coyotes and Fatin, telling everyone what a screw-up he was. And he was a screw-up. But all he’d wanted was to help a friend.

For this one last time, Phoenix sat patiently and listened to the woman rant on. Her disparaging remarks about his telepathy bothered him to no end. He shouldn’t have brought it up. The telepath had never (intentionally) violated someone else’s mind. He tried to use his ability to help other wolves. Instead, others like him who mishandled their abilities got him categorizes as a monster alongside them. Well, he might be a monster, but he was not the only one in Bleeding Souls. “You think I want trouble?” he asked, rolling his eyes. “All I wanted was t’help a friend a’mine out. No one is innocent in this matter here, no one. You’ve chosen th’side of one set a’monsters; I’ve chosen mine. I don’t want t’see this matter come t’conflict, but th’best I can hope for is a stalemate.” Shaking his head, Phoenix got up. “I have t’return to my pack. I came here in goodwill, looking for a friend. It seems, though, that ain’t what I found.” Nor, he hoped, had he found an enemy either. “Good day to you, ma’am. I hope that if we ever must meet again, it’s on more pleasant terms.” And then he left.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread