bound for flames
[html]

He drank, though not for his father. He drank because that was something he found release it, as temporary as it was. Ahren had forgotten the face of his father. Mab had told him that, before he had gone, in some arcane reference he did not understand. The whiskey tumbled through his mouth and into his belly, and it settled there uneasily, heavily. It was going to his head, crossing that line that allowed him to put down that ever present guard, if only for a time. “Cancer, yeah. He was crazy. Completely fucking crazy,” Ahren drawled on, his accent changing as he continued, pausing only to take a long drag on the cigarette.
     “He kidnapped me from my mother. I don’t know why. He hated me. Used to get real fucking high and smack me around. Y’know,” he continued, taking another drag. “I went colorblind ‘cause of him, I think. One day I could see color, and the next there wasn’t anything. Except red. I can see red.” He focused his eyes on the wine, cigarette burning in his hand. “Did Misery tell you how he kicked my ass out of Chimera?”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread