holding me, morphing me, forcing me to strive - j
Oh, cripes. He should have known better than to open his damn yapper. This wasn't the first time he had been on the wrong end of a feminine outrage. In fact, he was sort of used to it and had resigned himself a fate full of female outbursts. He seemed to bring them out in every girl he met. He didn't know why now would be any different. He fought the urge to roll his eyes valiantly. She definitely had a point to her tirade, but he hadn't bated her, not really.

The lady seemed to be a real spitfire. His eyes lit up for a moment as he considered that, but quickly tossed that thought away. Playing with fire usually met getting burned, but as long as that fire was good looking...No, no. He couldn't afford to think that way. It had been a long time since he had been in the company of a female, and he would do well to keep his distance. Especially in this case, he decided. Ember seemed formidable enough.

Time for damage control! It was no use in denying whatever accusation she flung his way. She seemed to be at the pinnacle of her outburst, and fighting back would just make the situation worse. "You obvious are capable," he agreed. "My mistake, forgive me, lady." He fought to keep the exasperation from his tone. "My name is Lannen and I'm looking for a place to stay."

Messages In This Thread