holding me, morphing me, forcing me to strive - j
[html]Someone already did it for me? ._. EDIT: I feel so stupid - swear I had Lannen highlighted. Urk.

Lannen blinked when Ember decided to be civil. He hadn't really expected that, but a smile spread his maw nonetheless. He had been pleasantly surprised, thinking that she might extend her tirade. It just showed him internally that he was making an ass of himself. He needed to approach things with an open mind. That was the reason he had left home in the first place, he reminded himself grimly. Now was the time for an open mind, if there had ever been any time.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Ember," he said with a genuine smile, cocking his head to the left. Maybe there was something more to her than he first saw. Not exactly something soft, but something beneath that thorny exterior attitude. He wanted to get to know her to unravel the mystery, but that could wait for later, if the time ever came.

He was tired of being alone, of awaking every morning to nothing but an endless stretch of sky. It had filled him with wonder initially, but now it did nothing for him. An endless stretch of road was about as appealing to him as a swift kick in the nuts. He had reached an understanding of what was within him, had found an inner peace. He could be useful again. He wanted to be so badly. His silver tipped tail wagged slightly, unconsciously at the thought.

"I'm strong," he said, then realized that might lead to another estrogen fueled misunderstanding. "That is, I am not afraid of hard labor, I like it. I hunt well, fight moderately well."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread