holding me, morphing me, forcing me to strive - j
[html]

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... -eagle.jpg);background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom;">
I just jumped in before Ember because I'm stupid like that Big Grin

Having headed to see to a few of the youngest horses, Dawali had picked up Ember's scent. Not just the way one'd normally pick up each others' scents; after all they were all living here, and all of their scents weren't that hard to find. No, it had been strong enough to tell him she wasn't that far away. On impulse, despite not really knowing her, nor being very comfortable with females, he changed his direction of pace and decided to go after her. There were no dark intentions, because he wasn't that kind of male. Nope, he just wanted to thank her for handling the young girl on their borders a few nights back. It seemed to Dawali that she was keen on taking responsibility, since she had so naturally handled a border-situation. And with no fussing either. He liked that, from a sub-leader's point of view. It was a good quality, and he wanted to make sure she knew he appreciated that. After only a few minutes he could hear her speaking, and not wanting to interrupt, he stopped as soon as she was in sight to evaluate whether it was appropriate of him to approach her. She was talking to a stranger, a male with fur that blended in with all the snow around them. He didn't look particularly happy with his situation, and judging by the scent of him and the way he was carrying himself towards Ember, Dawali assumed he did not belong to any of the packs around. Catching the last part of a sentence he was in the middle of, the male come out of his "hiding place" and walked over to them. If this light-pelted male was chasing after Ember's tail with a boasting behavior, he would certainly like to view this amusing scene. Dawali was old enough to not be shy like that. Perhaps a little too old, but that would be for someone else to decide. Judging by the look on Ember's face, he wasn't doing particularly well. Of course, wooing was probably not what all this was about, but it was always fun to see young males squirm a little.

Hello Ember. What have we here? An amused glint shone in Dawali's yellow eyes as he looked onto the snow-colored male, smile a mirror of the light-hearted feelings in his eyes. This was promising in terms of entertainment. Indeed.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread