razorblade inside my soul
[html]

I'm not for you, you're not for me;
I'll kill you first, you wait and see

He was getting nowhere. His attempts were feeble at best, and the tide seemed to be shifting in Gabriel's favour. Unable to reach much higher than Gabriel's shoulder, Hybrid had resigned himself to trying to bite the other male's legs off (knowing this would not work, as Gabriel was more dog and wolf, and thus, had much thicker, heavier legs). If Hybrid had been a hyena, this might have been another story. But he did not have the bone-crushing power a hyena did, and did not have the height or mass like a wolf did. And fighting so close to someone so large had been a bad idea to begin with. The only way he could win would be if he ducked in and out, evading and attacking. But he was too close now, and Gabriel had far too much experience. Hybrid's own simply told him that he was doomed to failure.

Hybrid snarled, and tried to bite down on something; anything. And still nothing. Now past the point of desperation, Hybrid lunged at Gabriel, and was promptly swatted aside. The moment he had jumped at the other canine, Gabriel had moved to push him. Hybrid's momentum was thrown off, and he was pushed aside in mid-leap, tumbling to the ground in a heap. He skidded a metre, rolling awkwardly over the scuffed ground. He tried to continue the roll and stand up, but was feeling rather dizzy and disoriented. He tried to lash out once more, tried to feel the location of the other canine, but ultimately knew the fight was over. Tense, he waited for Gabriel to approach him so he could at least take him down with him.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread