I don't want to have troubles no more
[html]
This is my February burst of inspiration or something, seriously. 400+

Lubomir had never thought he would find such happiness so far away from home. After his crush on Ember, he had been convinced that he would remain alone. Indeed, Firefly only seemed to solidify that idea. He had almost become passive in the weeks before Skoll's death, romantically speaking. What could he offer any potential mate? He was weak, his hunting was mediocre at best and in a pack his failure would only be unwillingly hidden by the other members. So he could read and write. That meant nothing. Without the other unfettered and wild, he could hardly fight to save his life. Realistically speaking, only a fool could ever think of mating him, let alone allowing him to father any children. But here she was, his beautiful angel, ready to commit herself to him, a grey oaf. He realised that he had always felt so clumsy around her. She had a presence that drew him in, fascinated him, made him lose balance and fall over like a great big lump, grinning like an idiot.

He tried to imagine them as parents. She would make a beautiful mother. Pregnancy would just make her even more angelic than she already was. He could imagine himself curling up against her every night, his hand over her belly, stroking it, a sense of belonging and content in his mind. Lubomir would be there for the birth, to hold his first child in his arms and smile at her. No, he could really not imagine a better setting to spend his days in. Her light kiss earned her a nudge in return. He felt like a lovesick puppy, which he most probably was. A silly, pup. But he loved her and she loved him in return and all was right with the world. "Would you not like pups? I know how horrible it must have felt after Asphyxia did what she did, but... Mew, there is no one else I can think of who would make a better mother. If I ever have pups of my own, you are the one I would love to have them with." Lubomir closed his eyes and started shifting. Soon enough, he was in his two-legged form, grinning down at his mate. "You are the light of my life." Bending towards her, he planted a kiss by the nape of her neck. Her scent flushed into his nostrils and he suppressed a low growl. How he wanted her to be his, now. Completely his.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread