For everything there is a season
[html]

It was not long before the white-furred alphess disentangled herself from the shadows of the trees and high grass and stepped toward Hanna. The latter caught the gaze of the former, momentarily, reading her face. Hanna was a tad bit amazed to find, not anger, not malice, but frustration and curiosity. The ebony woman frowned momentarily to herself. Well.. it wasn't all that surprising; after all, she'd up and left with nary a word about the fact. She'd failed to find and/or appoint a new medic, and she felt deeply angry with herself for that. What if, during the course of her two-month absence, someone had gotten pregnant, and it went wrong, as Mew's had? What if someone had gotten into a fight and needed patched? She wasn't here to do that, and it wasn't right.

Hanna did not expect to be welcomed back with open arms. She almost expected to be chased from the borders. But when Cer's voice, silky and smooth, though not cold, cut through the air, asking her why she was back, Hanna pleasantly returned the dip of the head, hers maybe a smidge lower, and replied evenly, Cercelee. I thought I'd left for good too.

She paused, considering how best to say what needed said. After drawing breath, she continued her story, I felt.. trapped here. Not by my duties as Herbalist; I enjoy taking care of people. I felt more trapped.. I guess I really don't know why, I just felt that way. It was a claustrophobic feeling, and I couldn't shake it no matter how far I roamed. I ended up on the Halcyon Mountain range, staring down into the old lands. I carved some sort of life by myself up there, with Tobias, she gestured to the hawk, ever circling above her, to help me hunt. I soon realized how badly I'd wronged you and the pack, and I came back to right that wrong.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread