a lonely place of dying
[html]

indent Perhaps the idea was ridiculous; that there was no God, and that he was truly mad. Perhaps this was the case. Gabriel had been raised otherwise though, and he believed in these things. He listened, and God spoke. He believed in heaven each time he looked at his daughter. He could not deny everything he had put faith in, even if that meant accepting the horrible things he had done.
indent This was why he stood there, calmly, regarding his half-brother. Gabriel could quote Daniel, or Corinthians, but Arkham would not understand. He would not understand why the she-coyote and her clan had called him a prophet. He would not understand why Gabriel had been set to burn. “I listen to Him because I owe Him my life. I owe Him the lives of my family.” An abrupt shift in his tone and his eyes caused them to darken. “Those whose time has come were taken, and those who survived were spared. I did what was necessary.” He had used this logic in defending himself after two wards. Above all else, Gabriel was a soldier—this he knew.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread