but you can't take the sky from me
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... itable.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">
I really had no idea how to reply to this.

He'd come such a long ways from home, having started walking and never stopped. They didn't need him there right now, did they? No. He was the only leader, but he hardly saw hide nor tail of any of his little underlings, too busy managing from a distance and keeping busy himself. Iskata was always whining and wasting away in a cabin or the barn, with Skylar in tow, of course. Tyrone was wandering back and forth wherever he wanted, usually with his father--that is, if DaVinci would stay in the packlands long enough instead of frolicking off to Inferni. Jefferson wasn't stopping him and his little romance. The cyclops didn't know what love could do to a guy, and he didn't want to know. He wasn't about to get in its way and get the claws to the face.

Jefferson had shifted after leaving the packlands, despite the wind chill. Had it snowed at some point recently? Hell, he didn't know. He'd stopped paying attention to the days and weeks and people. He'd stopped a lot of things. The creature was falling into the pit Laruku had been in, somehow, and he hated it. He hated it, and he reveled in it.

A figure fell into his view, cloaked and striding as wistlessly as he. They passed by each other silently, and after a few seconds' time, the cyclops tipped his head to the sky and spoke, even as his legs kept moving. "Don't know what you're hiding from," he said simply. It had just been what came to mind. The hood of the boy's cloak was lowered, but it seemed only due to the wind that had picked up. It was far too cold to hide from the wind--without a hood, for example. Then again, Jefferson walked unprotected from the cold, somber, and vulnerable.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread