i got nobody on my side
[html]

cakeMind if this is set on the 16th?

i have come curiously close to the end.

cakeAlong the beach the girl ran, four-legged, small and stealthy and barely visible from a distance. The water lapped at her paws, as if it were trying to reach her, trying to coax her to join it. Talitha knew better. Rarely did she come to the beach, except to run. It was an exercise, more a mental one than a physical one, though it served both purposes. It had been here that Andre had died, and on a beach like it that he had found her in the first place. In most of Inferni, the red-eyed girl felt perfectly safe. Here, it was different. It was why she came here; she was tired of being afraid.

cakeHer pace was steady, and her eyes were clear, but typical of her, her mind was clouded. Like the sky, with few breaks in between to see through. Most of the time the girl was lost in her own world, that mostly unappealing place in her head, where the darkness reigned and the spiders crawled on the walls. It was no different then. She fought it. She came here to find the memories, and she ran to escape them, and sometimes she was successful. That day, not quite so. Perhaps it was the solitude. Not speaking to anyone for so long -- not having a real conversation with a person who truly cared for you -- it was enough to drive anyone up the fuckin' wall.

cakeNearing the place she had started, the girl skidded to an abrupt halt, kicking the sand and leaving a blatant trail. Suddenly, she no longer felt like running. Breathing heavily, she cast a brief glance towards the afternoon sun as she stretched her legs. "Need to go faster," the young woman muttered to herself. Then she sighed heavily and sat, knowing this was unlikely to help. Placebo effect, maybe? She had to believe it. She would've just liked to forget. Yeah, what a joke.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread