i know who you are.
[html]
just because i came to visit doesn't mean you have to hide.
i'll be waiting on the side of your house,
with an empty bodybag
and a loaded forty-five.

He could smell something, and it smelled delicious. There was a hissing in the darkness, and the creature leaned forward, peering out into the moonlit street. There was nothing there. Only snow and ice and broken down buildings. Then something moved. Muzzle wrinkled, lifting his lips off his teeth as he growled softly, watching where he'd seen the movement. It wasn't one of them, that was for sure. Something of this world; something alive and something tasty. There was the movement again! It was very small and blended in perfectly with it's surroundings, given away by the shadow it cast from the moonlight against the snow. Where the ice glistened, this thing didn't. Twin eyes of crimson peered back at him from the little being and he smiled, slinking from his hiding place toward the creature.
        No, not yet, something whispered, and he slowed his pace further, moving in a slow, serpentine manner toward the child. Slowly, slowly. It's more fun that way, came the voice, and he found he concurred for the time being. "Here kitty, kitty, kitty," he purred, his voice cracking from lack of usage. And yet his tone still remained somehow velveteen, seeming to barely rise above a whisper, yet carrying clearly across the frozen expanse between them. "Far from home, aren't we, little girl? I'd be careful--there's monsters hiding in the dark." He smiled a deathly beautiful smile, slowing his pace to crawl once he'd moved within leaping distance of the pale coyote. But he continued to circle, eyes drawing across the girl like a hungry dog eyeing it's next meal.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread