i know who you are.
[html]
just because i came to visit doesn't mean you have to hide.
i'll be waiting on the side of your house,
with an empty bodybag
and a loaded forty-five.

His grin returned, sparked by silent laughter stirred at the little girl's words. "Then let's pretend," he purred oh-so-silkily, voice like velvet under the hoarse croak. "Little lost kitty, I'll protect you until the sun comes back up. No monsters shall have you while I'm around." Only the irony was, he was the monster, lurking in the darkness with unholy desires for this small child. He circled close as she would allow, muzzle leaning in to sniff at her soft, snowy coat. She smelled delicious and he longed for a bite.
        "For the moment, I am alone," the coyote replied, unable to even remember his own name, let alone if he belonged anywhere. But far as he could tell, there was no need for him to wallow in the presence of other coyotes. The Angel was all he needed in this world. Everything else was simply second-best and nothing more than an addition. A smell that lingered on the girl's coat seemed to stir some sort of familiarity, but it was lost to carnal desire, believing that simply to be all it was. But even when he could remember, Inferni had been nothing but a waiting point. A futile hope that Mother would some day return and find him waiting, loyal as ever. Perhaps the most loyal of all, for even Molochai had vanished after leaving her side. He would never have left her side by choice--she had abandoned him.
        Faint wrinkle formed along his muzzle at her words. This girl's mother was not his, who could never have chased him away, even if she'd struck at his flesh and tore him down in every way imaginable. If anything, he would have enjoyed that. He'd allowed Molochai to have his way with him simply because he'd been Mother's favorite and probably tasted close as possible to her. To have had Mother have her way with him? He would die of sheer pleasure. "Why not?" he said, flicking his tail as he peered out into the darkness. The city was not the perfect hunting ground for prey for this little girl, but it would have to do. Of course, he himself had found his dinner right here, though he chose to take his time in savoring it. "What sort of thing would Siobhan like to eat?" Deer and elk were going to be a rarity among the decayed buildings surrounding them.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread