Try Her on for size
Wow.. long post, sorry, guys! @.@

[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... /09vly.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Hanna suppressed a chuckle at the biting words Firefly returned to Slay's fairly easy teasing. Surely after as long as she'd been in Dahlia, Firefly would know that Slay meant no harm. Or perhaps not. Perhaps the two only encountered by mere chance, and at meetings, but otherwise stayed away from each other? Since she'd not been here, Hanna didn't know much about the current inner workings of Dahlia de Mai.

Quietly, the dark medic led the way toward her clinic in Wolfville. It wasn't difficult to find; it had the same rickety-looking crossbar symbol attached to the front. She assumed that at one point it must have lit up, but that would have been long ago, before any of the wolves here had existed. She walked through the musty but quiet tiled corridors till she stopped before a room with a hospital gurney. She hoisted Svara up onto it with a slight grunt, then moved it over to allow room for another bed.

It had surprised her, a little, how much space there was per room. How many medics had it taken back in the day to heal one patient, after all? She left the room, sweeping down the right to the next room, and rolled the bed from there into the same one as Svara, for Firefly, naturally, scooting a chair over so Hanna would not have to lift her, nor would she have to jump. She'd figured that Firefly wouldn't want to be separated from her ward. Even with the extra bed, there was ample space for her to move around, which she did, opening the drawer and cabinet. She pulled an unopened bottle of isopropyl alcohol from the cabinet, then shut it. From the drawer, she withdrew a handful of little alcohol pads and more gauze.

She went to Svara's side and dabbed gingerly at the stitches near her eye with an alcohol pad, knowing it would sting but also realizing the problems that an infection that close to the eye could cause. The bottle of alcohol was opened, and then poured straight onto the injured shoulder and back. The gurney mattress had a vinyl covering; it could hold the alcohol till Hanna had time to get towels.

Hanna bound the stitches in gauze to keep infection at bay, then retrieved a towel to clean the mess from around Svara's body. Checking and rechecking everything on the child, she moved to Firefly, though there was really nothing to be done. "Firefly, I'd like it if you'd rest here for a little while. When Svara comes to, you're more than free to take her and leave, though I'd keep her quiet as much as possible." Heh.. Right.

She knelt next to Slay, unable to spare the time that two shifts would take, but needing the quick versatility of her Optime form. She put her arm around his shoulder amicably, trying her hardest not to squeeze him to death like she felt like doing. She spoke quietly to him. "Slay... You've been an awesome help to me today. I don't know how I can ever repay you. Thank you." She looked at her shoulder shyly. Her own lacerations had long since crusted over; she'd clean them up later. "So you know... you're not obligated to stay in here any more.. but I appreciate your company." This last was barely audible, a first admission to feelings which couldn't be reciprocated, though Hanna didn't know this yet.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread