First Day of My Life
[html]

Slaying the Dreamer

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ayeyes.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Slay sighed in relief as Cercelee's gentle voice bade him to relax, that things would be okay between them. All the hesitation, uncertainty, walking on eggshells -- he wanted so badly for it all to evaporate, for the two of them to laugh like maniacs and chase each other around like they had. Things hadn't been this formal the first time they met, and somehow, now they had slipped this far? It was because neither of them wanted to fight again, wanted to go near the topic of fighting, in case those ugly feelings reared their heads a second time.

Ethereal, like a ghost, Cercelee slipped through the doorway, leaving the white behind. Obediently, Slay trotted at her heels, leaving the door open behind him. The cold air seeped into the unused kitchen, swirling snowflakes onto the stone floor. His nails made a clicking sound as he drew to a halt, realizing in surprise that Cer was shifting back down again.

"..." The arctic wolf watched silently, fascinated as always by the unnatural process. "I... You didn't have to do that, Cer," he murmured, easing nearer to her as she completed the process, "...but I'm glad you did." He smiled shyly, happy to see her again for real. His ebony-daubed tail gave a stir, tentatively waving from the tip. Did this mean he was forgiven? Was this her apology as well, letting him into her new home? He was the last, then, to still stubbornly sleep without a den... but maybe he could drop by here, from time to time...?

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier

[/html]

The "C" on my keyboard is sticking so badly, and there are so many "C"s in this post because of Cer's name... xD

Messages In This Thread