First Day of My Life
[html]

Slaying the Dreamer

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ayeyes.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
OoC: Oh, I gotta make it official. x3 Slay can be romantic when he puts his mind to it!

It was all happening so quickly, but for the first time in his life, Slay wasn't about to dig his heels in and run away from what he could not control. He felt strangely light, as though if he stopped moving, he would drift up off the floor, rising lazily like a cloud to circle the church rafters. The memory of their first meeting, wandering a field of flowers, made one of the first things he said to her resurface in his mind. "Cercelee... Such a lovely name, for such a lovely lady. It will certainly be my honor to accompany you, as your bodyguard and your boon companion."

"...Of course I know what I'm getting into, my dovely. I wouldn't have it any other way." The touch of her tongue, warm and unprovoked, made a shiver chase down his spine. He had never had the pleasure of being intimate with a woman, and now that she had admitted she loved him and he knew he felt the same, her very scent was enticing beyond belief. He had to resist returning her kiss immediately, lest he push her to go too quickly. Wolves did not have a sense of what was demure, what was modest - there was simply right and wrong, the right time to love, the wrong place to show weakness, the right time to bear a litter, the wrong time to see another female. This was the right girl, he knew; but some small part of him told him it would be the wrong time to get too close, lest she back down too soon. He settled for easing into her embrace, letting his noble muzzle nestle into her silken white ruff as she leaned into his shoulder.

"...Heheh. I'll try to curb the flirting if you will, too - just know that I'm too jealous to share you for long... If your duties take you away from here, I will follow you. Don't assume work is a valid excuse to whisk you away... I need as much attention as you do." His voice was a deep rumble of contentment, more at ease with his surroundings and his place in life than he had ever remembered feeling, even as a child. Being able to cheerfully admit to his flaws, to the problems he would cause her, and having her still willing to caress him... He hadn't realized the depth to his loneliness, until he had something - someone - to fill the void. Her warm body pressed up against his, and he sighed, drowning in her scent.

"You still want me forever?"

That last light-hearted offer to back out of the commitment made him smile. Letting his pale blue eyes flutter shut, he let his voice drop to a husky whisper, for her ears only. He had to trust her not to break his heart.
"I want you, Cercelee. I want you forever and today, all to myself. Will you... take me as your mate?"

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier

[/html]

Messages In This Thread