Afraid of What I'll Find
[html]

Words: 300+

Her heart flew up into her throat as the two strangers startled her, neither appearing friendly. Coli's warm brown ears flattened anxiously against her skull, and she wrung her hands, hoping desperately that she wasn't about to be chased off. The smaller girl, not yet an adult, had shifted back to her regular wolf form; the pregnant woman was already on all fours. Self-conscious of her willowy height, Coli's silky tail curled around her form, feeling very unwelcome.

"H-haku's cabin? So, he's definitely here?" Well, that confirmed her worst fears. The last thing she wanted was a confrontation with her brutal father. Of course, she knew full well that if this pack accepted her as a member, she was bound to see him... She didn't relish the thought whatsoever, but she felt like she had to be here, for Cercelee's sake. She had protected her friend from him once, and if things ever got out-of-control here, Coli was willing to be the buffer again. "I... c-cotton ball? You know Cercelee, too... So this is the right place. I... I wanted to join your ranks..." Coli's voice was hesitant, put off by Svara's caustic tone. Then her head snapped up as Firefly spoke.

This lady of gold and spitfire clearly carried rank in the pack, and that's not all she was carrying. "Haku's mate... Oh, gods, he took a mate? You, you're my age, even younger... And... and those are his children, aren't they?" Unable to state more than the obvious, Coli sat down with a bump into the snow, her stomach queasy. She wished she wasn't related to the sadistic unpredictable bastard, but it was his blood that flowed through her veins, his fur she sported, his baby-blue eyes that she saw the world through. The time he had spent away from her - why, he could have spawned ten litters, all of them doomed to the same abuse and neglect that she had suffered at his impulsive hands. The sudden realization that she could not possibly be his only daughter had sickened her. All she knew was that she was his eldest.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread