Afraid of What I'll Find
[html]

Words: 500+

Okay, definitely not a friendly greeting. Coli's heart sank as she wondered what she had gotten herself into -- a web of Haku's manipulated allies, it seemed like. If everyone in the pack was this hostile, she knew she'd be even more miserable than when she'd been completely alone. But Cercelee... She had to see how Cercelee was doing. No way would her spunky childhood friend change enough to run a pack based on animosity and jealousy! This had to be some sort of test -- that, or she was just terribly unlucky.

...pack chew toy... child, creature like you... nervousness making her sick... The insults just kept coming, didn't they? Stung by their abrasive tag-team, Coli's blue eyes became cold, radiating the same frigidity her father could muster at the drop of a hat. "He must not have told you about me. Does the name 'Colibri Haki' ring any bells? Because I happen to be Haku's firstborn daughter. Forgive me for not being eager to lay eyes on the rapist bastard again."

Her uncertainty, her fears, they were all because of him - both his actions towards her, and the fear that she too would become like him. This was her first time meeting new wolves in many months, and that they had pushed her to drip venom already was an unsettling reality. Letting her long eyelashes flutter shut, she took a deep breath, smoothing her sweaty palms against the soft fur of her sides. "I'm here to join your Dahlia de Mai... so that I can protect someone dear to me. Perhaps you wouldn't understand, if you can bring yourself to love that blue-eyed monster, and bring more of his unfortunate spawn into this world... But it's enough of a reason for me to put up with him and all of his fangirls."

Coli trembled for a moment, heart fluttering in her chest. She was not afraid of these two odd females and their lashing tongues, but she did fear that they would banish her from their land, rendering her journey pointless and leaving her more vulnerable than ever. The tired girl with the yellow eyes, and the least motherly woman Coli had met... Would they be the reason Cercelee would get hurt? It was now or never.

"As to what I can offer your pack, other than a dose of morality... I'm developing skills as..." She swallowed hard before admitting to the truth, "...a poisoner. It began as a hobby, something to keep my empty hands busy; it can be your pack's talent if you keep me." She did not carry any pouches or samples on her, like an herbalist or a medic would; it was more her experimentation with various plants in the woods that made up her knowledge. During the months when the snow wasn't covering the ground, she could cultivate oleander, hemlock, digitalis... It kept her calm when she was alone, tending to her plants that she could not touch. She was no assassin, had never killed anyone -- but there was one wolf she wouldn't mind giving a sample to...

[/html]

Messages In This Thread