Afraid of What I'll Find
[html]

Words: 300+
Thankies, hun! ^^ I guess this is my last post...?

Coli felt the warmth from Cer's furry white hands wrapped about her own champagne-marked ones, and tried to resist collapsing onto her friend's slender shoulder. It had been so long, too long, since she'd felt another's touch. She had taken far too long in coming here. She should have known that no matter what, her friend would take her back, even broken as she was now.

"Thank you..." she breathed softly, grateful just for not being rejected. She blew the feathery hair from her eyes, continuing with a shy promise. "...I want to stay by your side, whether he's here or not." Whether or not she could believe that Haku wouldn't hurt her, that her violent father wouldn't try to break her one last time... well... that much was yet to be seen. She would have to bite her tongue for now, and see what happens when she actually spoke to the chocolate-marked male. Cercelee believed in him... "I... used to have faith in him too, you know," she quietly murmured, giving her hands a little squeeze. "But I'll try," she added quickly, embarrassed. She knew Firefly would have a bone to pick with her, and she did not relish the thought of facing her new stepmother, or her siblings-to-be. What did it mean, to be a big sister? She would have a lot to sort out, being suddenly thrust back into family and pack life, but somehow she knew this was where she was supposed to be. There was a lot going on here, especially after the months of solitary confinement she had self-imposed, but... she would do her best. And maybe then she could regain her old independent, confident self again; something she yearned to do. Hopefully she could stay here longer than she did in Clouded Tears... and that this place would become a home to her.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread