tearing off the mask of man
[html]

Out of Character

*glomploves* Long post is long. XD And rambley.

In Character

Kol couldn't help but smile gratefully as the Lilium spoke. He had no idea how much it meant to the girl that Dahlia had welcomed her back without a single question or doubt, and it just cemented in her heart even more just how much she felt she belonged here. The anticipated inquiry came as Kol had turned her eyes back to the stars, and she smiled a bit wanly as Haku's words reached her. "Well, I hope you didn't have any pressing plans tonight then. It's somewhat of a long story." Violet eyes softened slightly as she turned them back to the chocolate male, one of the few souls she felt comfortable enough with to let her wall down, surprisingly enough.

"My family line, the Stormbringers, come from a very lengthy background. Our homeland isn't terribly far from here, in Solbjorg Valley. We have a somewhat unique view of things, and according to myth and family legend, we're descended from the great godwolf Fenris, who was imprisoned long ago by the principle gods. Supposedly, at some point in time, Fenris will break his chains and free himself, taking revenge on the gods and bringing about the end of the world. Because of this, he's usually viewed as evil incarnate, a demonic visage to be feared and reviled. Every Stormbringer is born with his darkness in their blood, a tendency toward insanity and violence we live each day keeping at bay." She paused a moment to make sure the male was following her story, knowing it could be rather confusing at first if she didn't explain things correctly.

"For as long as the Stormbringers have existed, so have the Dawnrunners. It's their claim that the blood in their veins descends from the Great Wolves, Geri and Freki, who guard the father of the principle gods. It is a point of endless boasting and self-righteous teachings among the Dawnrunner line, and they fancy themselves the ultimate light of the mortal world and the last great hope of mortal wolves on earth. Every last one of them is insane." Her words were spoken through a constant growl as she continued. "The two bloodlines, Stormbringer and Dawnrunner, have been in conflict for longer than anyone can remember. There have been attempted peace treaties and truces countless times, and each time they've been broken, whether it be a misunderstanding or deliberate act from one of the sides. This time it was them.

My brother Skripi tracked me down and found me on night several months ago, and we left for the Valley at that very moment. He'd left to find me as soon as the attack had happened, as he was always our fastest messenger and scout. It took about two weeks to get back, and we were thrown into the thick of things immediately, for the most part. The conflict lasted for months, both of our families taking casualties, until finally one of those damned bastards had the sense to take over and form another stressful truce with us. Skripi...he didn't make it. He was the runt of us, and just never stood a chance and he knew it."
A heavy sighed rattled her chest. "But the idiot got involved anyway, instead of listening to Crow and staying out of things."

For a moment, Kol went quiet, the stillness of the night bearing down on the female as she fought with her memories. "After it was all over, there was no question of me leaving again. Dahlia is home to me, despite my ties to my family, and I set out after a few days of recovery. They know where to find me, if anything should happen again." Lost in her thoughts for the time being, Kol's jaw tensed as she clenched it in anger. "Those goddamned hypocrites need to be stopped. They'll end the world themselves with their ideals of purification and genocide."

Table by Fishie!

[/html]

Messages In This Thread