tearing off the mask of man
[html]

Out of Character

You've no idea how much I love Haku. XD This is kinda short and choppy because I keep getting interrupted by needy customers. x.x

In Character

The female's inherent anger faded as her Lilium spoke. His own anger was apparent, but the fact that the emotion was quite clearly on behalf of Kol rather than at her made the woman blink in surprise. To be honest, she hadn't known what sort of a welcoming she would come home to in Dahlia de Mai. After all, she had for all appearances just abandoned them in the middle of the night, whether she'd had good reason to leave or not. She could have easily left behind some sort of note, knowing she was close enough to at least one or two members that they'd come by the house at some point. But Kol's heart had overtaken her head at Skripi's arrival, and all that mattered to her in that instant was action.

It would have been silly to ask for help when she'd left, wouldn't it? Dahlia had only just negotiated a truce with the coyotes of Inferni, and many members had still been healing from their war wounds when her brother had reached her. Besides, this was an ancient conflict, and there was no good reason to drag the rest of her chosen Dahlian family into it. She would not put her pack in danger over something that involved only the two warring bloodlines. But Haku's vehement response to Kol's explanation made her even more certain she'd made the right decision in returning to Dahlia de Mai. It also deepened both her loyalty to the pack and the respect and esteem she held for its Lilium. Breathing a soft sigh of relief, Kol offered the chocolate male a sincere and grateful smile."That means a great deal to me Haku, I hope you know that. So aside from Alexey suddenly becoming a luperci, what else have I missed? Have the coyotes been keeping their asses to themselves?" As she changed the subject, her violet eyes danced with no little hint of mischief. Her brother's loss had tainted the excitement of the war with the Dawnrunners, but any misstep on the part of Inferni might let the girl get rid of a bit of bottled-up frustration.

Table by Fishie!

[/html]

Messages In This Thread