tearing off the mask of man
[html]

Out of Character

*squish*

In Character

Kol was glad to hear the coyotes were keeping to themselves, for the most part. It meant that no one in Dahlia was in danger from them, but it also meant she had no excuse to take out some of her frustration on some unsuspecting Inferni member. Haku's next words, however, grabbed the girl's attention and threw her for a complete loop. Mate? When had the Lilium taken a mate? And who the heck could be a possible match for his unique personality? "You took a mate? Who is it?" She blinked in surprise as the male went on, answering her question in the next barrage of information. So it must be Firefly, and she had born him children? As had at least one other woman? The charcoal girl's head swam with the sudden influx of data.

Out of all the words flowing from Haku's mouth, however, there was one comment that made the girl angry. "Haku, you are not a retarded idiot. Maybe you lack a bit of self control now and then and you're different from anyone else, but none of who you are makes you an idiot. I neither follow nor respect idiots, and I'd follow you to the grave if need be. You insult me and the whole of Dahlia when you insult yourself, Lilium. We all do stupid things and make huge mistakes, it's part of life. No one is perfect, and those who believe they are are the biggest idiots of all. The Dawnrunners are a perfect example." Kol knew enough about her male leader to understand what he'd meant. In fact, there were plenty in her own family, her grandfather Crow at the top of them, who had made dire mistakes in life and love many times over. Haku would probably never be the kind of male to committ to one female in more than superficiality, and Kol also knew that Firefly was probably well aware of that fact. Who was anyone else to judge Haku, when no one had ever walked in his shoes?

Table by Fishie!

[/html]

Messages In This Thread