tearing off the mask of man
[html]
500+ Eeeeeee<333

He caught her mild surprise, but had honestly assumed she had known all about it for some reason. It made sense though, Kol had been gone before Haku had asked for Firefly’s hand, and whoever had greeted her into the pack and so on had probably not thought about mentioning such a casual thing. He gave the woman a nod. ”Yes, Firefly.” It had probably been a mistake, something that he had managed to prove over and over by cheating on his mate. Maybe he just was not cut out the keep to only one. Things seemed to be a bit smoother than they had been for a long time, but he was afraid it was only a matter of time before he threw himself into the sea of sin again. He could always hope for the best, but it had been the same thing when he first had become Firefly’s mate, but he had failed.

The ebony female’s next words made him gape. He fully flattened his ears and lowered his frame slightly, eyes suspiciously analyzing the female’s face. He had never had anyone speak to him like that. It was not negative though, it was definitely positive. He was surprised because of the way she reacted and the words she chose. So few would have spoken up and said what the Stormbringer girl just had done. Most did not trust him, did not like him. What had happened at the birth scene had proved what the pack and his leader thought of him, and it had actually been quite horrible, to realize that after everything he had done, nothing had changed. It had been his own children and they had automatically assumed that he would harm them. What had he done to deserve such mistrust?

He knew words had spread about his feelings concerning Firefly’s pregnancy and all that, but he had only openly showed it in front of Firefly, and whatever they had gathered of information had been from second hand sources. They assumed and judged as they saw fit, and even though the male saw himself close to untouchable when it came to emotions, it had hurt. Kol told him that she would follow him to the grave if necessary, and that meant more than she could ever imagine. Haku’s hackles slightly rose, and he felt new respect for the female pour through his pores. He stayed silent for a few moments, and his eyes stayed on her delicate face. He could feel his heart beat slightly faster, and removed his eyes immediately from her attractive frame.

He licked his lips slowly, and finally spoke. ”Not many would say that.” He was quite empty for words. Maybe he had not failed completely. Some seemed to have faith in him, and it encouraged him continue to try be a good leader and member of Dahlia de Mai. ”My mistakes are never forgotten by the rest of the pack, it seems. My oldest daughter has recently come to stay in Dahlia, and I wronged her horribly in the past. My slips are all they see. You are the first one that has supported me so openly straight to my face.” Would she ask about Coli now? Would she hate him for what he had done to his own flesh or blood. He would fully understand if she would, because it was monstrous what he had done.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread