tearing off the mask of man
[html]

Out of Character

<333333333!!!!!!! Kol's really lumping on the history in this thread! XD Good lord I've been rambley!

In Character

Kol was not one to back down when she believed in something, and she believed in her Lilium and the whole of Dahlia de Mai straight down to her soul. Of course, when Haku's entire bearing changed with the Circee's outburst, Kol suddenly realized that perhaps she'd spoken a bit too bluntly and offended him in some way. Then again, it didn't matter after everything was said and done. She'd spoken her mind and crossed the bridge, whether or not she'd burned it remained to be seen.

Fortunately for the girl, Haku realized exactly what Kol had been trying to say, rather than being angry with her for speaking so openly and chidingly to her leader. At his surprised reaction and subsequent explanation, the Stormbringer's lips curled again into a soft half-smile, her violet eyes warm with understanding. "It seems that no matter how many good deeds wolves like us do, it's always our mistakes that haunt us. It's as if one mistake, no matter how small, can never be atoned for with any amount of good. As much as I revile the Dawnrunners, there's a single individual I can't help but feel sorry for. She was one of a litter of six, and when she was young something happened that has haunted her for life. She and her siblings had been playfighting, and she'd gotten a little too rough. She accidentally killed her sister, the runt of that litter, and apparently everyone's favorite child. I'd been out exploring on my own, a mere pup myself, trying to see how close to the Dawnrunner territory I could get before being chased off. I saw the whole thing. Curiosity held me after that, and so I followed her story, keeping up with what happened to her. The pack nearly killed her for what she'd done, opting instead to shatter her leg and take her right eye, crippling and half-blinding her for life. She's their constant scapegoat, and yet she's always trying to help them in any way she can. They're blind to the good she's done for them, but I've seen it for myself. She's probably the only sane one of the entire lot."

Realizing she'd rambled on with what could be seen as something completely unrelated, Kol blinked herself out of her train of thought and stretched her languid body. Her black fur glimmered in the moonlight as she shook herself more awake. "I guess my point is that despite what others think about you, you're still doing good just because it's the right thing to do, and you still love this pack very deeply in your own way. The rest of the pack may judge you and mistrust you, but they still accept and follow you despite their outward feelings. Maybe they'll come around and realize you're not the true monster they see you for, and maybe they won't. Ultimately it's your own decision whether you abandon Dahlia and justify their feelings, or whether you stay and devote everything you are to the pack as you've already done, despite their shunning. As for your daughter...you don't have to tell me what happened, as the Dahlian grapevine is rather efficient, but I do prefer to hear things from the source, if you know what I mean." Her smile softened her words, and she hoped she didn't sound nosey or otherwise intrusive. After all, it was Haku's business, and she knew what it was like to have certain secrets one would like to keep to oneself.

Table by Fishie!

[/html]

Messages In This Thread