tearing off the mask of man
[html]
300+

She told him that he could trust her, but he was aware of that already. He had revealed his horrible secrets and given her a glimpse of what hid behind his well used mask. He was intrigued by her reaction, and already saw a strong alliance building up between them. These were wolves worth having in a pack. Unconditional loyalty and courage. He would do his best not to let her down. Not ever. Haku was sick, but not sick enough to put his beloved pack in danger. Not yet at least. He could only hope that those who had lost their lives by the demon's hands had not been of much importance to any other pack. He was quite sure these blackouts were spent well, and that the killings (if his suspicions were right, and they usually were) had been pure pleasure. He regretted the demon did not let him be a part of it, but maybe it was to protect him. Haku was not free, but a chained down beast. His pack and its members were the chain holding him down, and the demon was on its own, pushed away by the owner of the body. Most of the time, anyways. It was quick to wake up and watch whenever his hackles rose, and it had happened a lot lately.

He gave a short and light sigh when Kol mentioned his daughter again. He wished she had never been born. He wished he had left her to die by her mother's cold body. " Colibri Haki needs to grow up and leave her childhood behind. Right now I see nothing but a pathetic little girl with an adult's body. I accept that I did something very wrong and for that, I take the blame. However, she cannot hold me responsible for the quality of her pathetic life. The only person that can rid her of her own misery is herself, but she seems to not want to let go of what happened to her, and therefore everyone around her will hear it as well." His voice died, and he realized he had strayed from the main topic. "She won't know, no one will know. This is between you and me, not as leader and servant, but something more. I trust you, Kol. You should consider that a honor, because I am not a man who allows people to see what I am. You do, you're the only one who knows what I am." And that truth was safe with her.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread