Where you are I'll never know
[html]
Though it had taken a while, Salem had not really noticed the branching out he had done from his mother. He still saw her and Anu on a regular basis, but he had been learning things. Unlike his siblings, Salem had yet to really stray away from the only home he had never known, not overly drawn in like they had been to the things beyond their borders. It wasn't wise to wander and he understood what creatures lurked beyond them, as one of them had thrown him out on the lake. It was a situation that he did not want to repeat, thus he did not linger around them long. With a shake of his head to affirm that he could not sleep either, Salem studied his mother's face with genuine interest, wondering just what could have been keeping her awake. Did she sleep far too much in the afternoon sun too?

“I haven't seen her since this morning,” he said, “or maybe it was early afternoon. I'm not sure. Is she not in the den?” Concern entered his voice, wondering if this was a strange thing. There had been many of a night he had curled up to sleep and had been alone, though he had later been joined by whomever would be sharing the den. Sometimes he slept in the house, but not without making sure that someone saw him there first. Worrying his mothers and his pack mates wasn't exactly high on his to-do list. The fact that Naniko did not reprimand him for being out late was not only a sign of his ageing into adolescence and towards maturity, but only a proven point that he did well by her word.

As for the distant, hilltop visitor, he didn't notice them initially, though the sound of footfalls behind D'Angelo duo gave her away. Turning his head to look at her, Salem's brow furrowed. Who was this? And why was she interrupting them? But his shyness prevailed and the boy went silent, knowing his mother would be the one to decide whether or not she was welcome or she was better left to go somewhere else. If she stayed, he would simply have to find out what the matter was later, feeling as though if there was something going on, it wasn't something his mother would be sharing with just anyone.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread