Misunderstandings, and little furballs?
[html]
Tayui inclined her head slightly in acknowledgement of Dawali's question. "Somewhere," she echoed. She had not visited the pack lands -- she never had a reason to venture so far from Shadowed Sun when she had been leader, and she had only passed by on her trek through 'Souls. After the Dahlian war, named after the pack itself, she did not have much of an interest in visiting the lands themselves. It did not feel right, not after she had pledged, as a leader at the time, to remain neutral in the war. Even though the war was over, she preferred to respect the pack's boundaries and refused to impede on them for the sake of asking questions.

The real reason she refused to tell her children of the existence of their father was because of who he was. He was a monster. And in some, strange perverted way, Tayui was still hoping Gabriel would murder him. For the crimes he had committed. He was a war criminal. He had murdered an Inferni coyote and her child, then strung them up in the trees to 'dry'. But it had been revenge. Revenge, for Haku's sister had lost her puppies due to an attack by a coyote, which was the catalyst of the war. And by then, it was war. Not long after, Haku struck again, perhaps taking more lives with him. Perhaps he raped another. Tayui did not know. All she knew was that he was a vile beast and her children would never, ever know who he was. They deserved better. Much better.

I think I met a woman from that pack earlier this year.. Firefly Sadira? Tayui paused, then nodded. Yes, that name sounded familiar. Ember had mentioned her before. "Ember's sister," Tayui replied, nodding her head once. "Their mother... I believe her name is Iskata. And if it is, then she is the leader of Phoenix Valley, to the north-east." A pause, and: "I remember hearing of Iskata and Phoenix before the fire. I think another of Ember's siblings is around here, too."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread