Misunderstandings, and little furballs?
[html]
Tayui jerked her head quickly, the motion something halfway between a nod and a shrug. Dawali pointed out the obvious, and for that, Tayui had to restrain a chuckle. Everyone around here had ties to someone else. Everyone was family, so there was no way for all of them to all join in one pack. And it was the differences between these families -- be it within or outside -- that created different packs. The de le Poer and Lykoi families had a strong hold on Inferni, but for a long time, the de le Poer's had been little more than an afterthought. Now, many of the two families had become intertwined. Tayui knew of a few others in Inferni with different names -- frightening names, that of murder and Destruction -- but could not recall them completely. "More than you could imagine," Tayui reflected. "Ember Phoenix was named after Ember Agaric, my adoptive daughter, and the child of two of my best friends. I know of the rest of her family through Ember - her brother Kansas, who I believe is in Crimson Dreams, her sister Firefly in Dahlia, and two other siblings, but... I don't know where they ended up. These lands... they have the ability to claim you. Luperci up and disappear all the time. It would be romantic if it weren't so alarming," she noted dryly. She glanced over to where her puppies were, suddenly anxious. But they were still there. She exhaled, relieved. No one would steal them away from her.

Tayui glanced back at Dawali as he began to speak once more. She titled her head slightly, frowning. "How is it different? Do we not all work together to fell our prey and feast upon it? Or do you hunt in some other formation?" She frowned. How else could one take down a creature as large as a caribou? She had never done it on her own, and had only managed to take down a weak, sick fawn once. But opportunities like that rarely presented themselves. They needed the strength of the entire tribe to take down a caribou, did they not?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread