Misunderstandings, and little furballs?
A few more replies and we'll be good? (: I'd like to end this with Dawali finishing up his explanation and Tayui not thinking he is completely barmy!

[html]
Ah. Her first response was something of vague understanding, but she still found the concept of hunting on two legs slightly mystifying. Although she had since honed her ability to move about on two legs, it did not mean she was proficient enough to hunt. But she did not understand the need to invent tools to hunt with when one's four legs were as good of a tool as any. Luperci were slower on two legs, so why waste time with such tools?

Dawali regarded her curiously in reply to her second question, and for this, she felt as though she owed him a curious look in return. She remained alert as the male spoke, wondering why he thought her question strange enough to warrant such an expression (a frown, no less!). His reply was respectful enough, and this made Tayui wonder if her question had some sort of silent, disrespectful undertones. She paused for a moment, re-evaluating her question. No, it had not; it had been simple and straightforward -- and polite, if anything. She felt a little chaffed, not at Dawali, but her own lack of knowledge. This pack had customs and traditions so deeply different from her past ones that she was uncertain if she would -- at any point in time -- step on a land mine and never lift her foot.

"I'm afraid I don't yet understand the benefits to this -- this two-legged hunting -- but I would be willing to learn and listen. Eager, of course. The concept is so... foreign to me -- excuse the adjective -- that I have yet to figure this out. What sort of tools do you use? How do they benefit you? How do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? Of hunting on four legs, I mean. Did you never learn to hunt on four legs?" The entire situation perplexed and confused her, and she was fairly certain Dawali did not intend for this to happen, but still felt completely alienated. It was different. Not too different -- just different.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread