have my peace of mind
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/01.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Post order will go as seen so far. Any other members who haven't posted can join in anytime, and post order will be rearranged as such.

One by one, they came. DaVinci was first, unsurprisingly, and although the one-eyed Patriarch said nothing when he arrived, it was obvious that the silver-furred subleader had already sensed something was amiss. Elain, Whinifred. Shortly thereafter the husky-looking stranger he hadn't yet had the displeasure to meet. Jefferson gave DaVinci a questionable look when Lysander arrived and was met with a similar look of acknowledgment, thus the hybrid was put at ease. Pendzez was last, casual and unsuspecting as always. While internally pleased to see even the newer members of the pack arrive when called, the stormclouds in his mind had yet to disperse. Faces were still missing, but there was no time to wait for the irresponsible. He might've expected more out of Allegro, out of Pepe. Perhaps they would still show their faces, perhaps not. They'd miss what they'd miss.

He was gruff, stolid. The Patriarch's voice was low and grim, going through the necessary introductions only because they were expected of him. "Thanks for getting here promptly," he said darkly, single green eye slowly overlooking them all, one by one. "There are new faces here and a couple missing. Introductions can come later. We have more important things to discuss beforehand." He eyed Whinifred and Lysander, already suspecting something unsaid between them simply by the looks they gave each other.

Jefferson straightened his back and wore an air of stiff authority, presence completely devoid of any joy or leisure. He began to list off topics in the most uncaring and neutral way possible, as if just to simply get through them and over with. "In case you don't already know, Deuce Rhiannon has left. She will not be joining us again. DaVinci is my second in command, so what we say goes." A pause. "Wanderers at the borders should be stopped and questioned. You'll summon myself or DaVinci if they want to stay here. Simple enough. There is a pup under my care named Addison D'Angelo; she is inside resting at the moment. If any of you hear of a wolf named Deidre, you will report to me immediately." Not much further needed to go into that.

A long, dreaded pause ensued thereafter. He swallowed the lump in his throat, clenched his good fist, and kept his eye looking straight ahead. "Iskata Sadira is dead," was the last thing on the list.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread