Like the flower we bloom with life
[html]

Words: 800+ (wow, sorry for rambling!)

At the sound of Cercelee's call, Coli had come; a bit reluctantly, since had she been alone, she probably would have feigned ignorance and apologized later for her conspicuous absence. But of course she was not alone, and the foster family that had so kindly taken her in would certainly not stand for such cowardly disobedience, especially not after learning that Deuce had previously led a pack of her own before coming here. Coli was on all fours now, having shifted down to be on Willow's level; her small cream paws carried her swiftly to the town square, where she chose a position skirting the outside, not wishing to be too close to any members she had not met. Deuce's calm confidence and Willow's fearless ambition were rubbing off on her -- Coli was finally getting some of her nerve back, and it felt good to realize that she was actually improving herself, if only a little. She was still too shy to converse much with Taliesin, and she wasn't relishing seeing her father and his mate again (although if Firefly brought her pups, she would have no choice but to let Coli introduce herself to them, before the eyes of Cercelee). Cercelee...

Coli averted her eyes shyly from the snowy-furred friend she had grown up with, as the speeches began. She still hadn't the guts to approach her friend. She had almost asked to stay with Cer, but the scent of a strange male lingered all around the church that the Rosea had chosen to live in. Now Cercelee had confirmed her suspicions - she had taken a mate. She visibly drooped at the announcement; how cruel of the fates, to bring love to so many wolves around her, but to leave her without a single prospect. Cercelee's mate was big, notably taller than her, with strange husky-like markings. He looked a little threatening, with his light eyes... as did the newly promoted "Adonis", with her blue-daubed pelt and blank stare. Those white eyes - was the tribal wolf blind? She must have some sort of incredible skills, then, to be promoted to such a high level. In fact, most of the higher-ranked wolves carried themselves with such authority, they were impossible to approach... with the exception of her welcoming aunt, Mew. Auntie Mew had blushingly described her new flame; now would be a chance to see him in person. Lubomir, right? Oh, when would it be her turn... She sighed, her baby-blue eyes seeking friendly Alexey in the crowded town square. Their pack was quite large, wasn't it...? She hadn't realized how many wolves she shared this land with. It was like being in Clouded Tears again, only this time she had responsibilities to fulfill as an adult... Her lips curved into a small smile as Svara's adulthood was announced. Surely the lanky she-wolf would miss the carefree days where her foul mouth and equally bad temper were excusable. Even Haku's pet couldn't escape the discipline of everyone in the pack... The two girls didn't get along so well.

"Threats, harm and other crimes against fellow pack mates will not be tolerated..."
Coli glanced up at Cercelee when those words were spoken, light blue eyes meeting dark navy. Had that been for her benefit? Had she found out about the night Haku came for her? She had not told anyone, and it hadn't seemed like Haku wanted anyone to know... She swallowed hard, hoping he would not see fit to reprimand her again. It wasn't like she had been trying to rally pack members against their own Lilium; she had barely told anyone, and the majority of the wolves around her didn't know she existed until now. He had been so upset, though, and passionate enough to defend his sons from her feigned threat. Did the pack know how attached Haku Soul had become...? Maybe all it took was having boys to raise as his own, instead of daughters he could ignore. But that was neither here nor there.

"G... Greetings," Coli murmured shyly, her warm brown ears angled back against her skull. Her thick fluffy tail curled nervously about her small paws, and she cleared her throat, looking down at the snowy ground. "F-fellow pack mates... I thought I should introduce myself. C-Colibri Haki is my name... Call me Coli, if you wish. M-my announcement is that Deuce Rhiannon has seen fit to take me in... I'm now living with her children, Taliesin and Willow." The introverted wolf resisted the urge to turn tail and run, feeling the scrutinizing eyes of others boring into her pitiful soul. This was the most wolves she had been around... ever. And she had spent so much time speaking only to herself, in the deafening silence of the deserted cabin... Her claws clicked against the stone beneath her paws, as she self-consciously shifted her weight. This was the stuff of nightmares...

[/html]

Messages In This Thread