Like the flower we bloom with life
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
OOC: Late to the party, as usual. 798 words

Lubomir Varg was in the Library, fingers skimming pages leisurely, his mind a million miles away. He knew there were puppies in the pack, though he himself had yet to see them. He wondered what they would grow up to be like, with parents like Firefly and Haku, for although he and Mew were their uncle and aunt respectively, things might be done differently here from his old pack. He missed his nieces and nephews, when he had enough time to spare a thought for them. And that, the grey male realised, happened less and less as time went by. His heart sank as he finally understood the great toll he had paid in moving so far away from home; for all that he thought of Frigg daily and kept his love for her as strong as it had ever been, the memories of the Old Country were slowly fading into the abyss of his mind. He could only dimly recall the borders of his pack, the smell of his den, the names of the lower ranking wolves.

As Cercelee's call rang out through the lands, Lubomir put the book back and sighed. Here he was, in his new home, in a good standing in the pack, mate to the most beautiful wolf in the world and still he felt he didn't belong. His heart was heavy and his mind a blur, but still he left the Library and slowly walked towards the meeting grounds. Thankfully, he seemed to have been early enough to catch the last parts of Cercelee's announcement. Silently he stood by Mew's side, his hand resting on her shoulder. The news that Cwmfen would be Adonis did not surprise him as much as it should have. He admired the warrior, for her character and her integrity, but also her genuine interest in the other members. He remembered their talk well enough. To Cercelee he smiled warmly, although Mew's question threw him off. Indeed, who would take place in the council. He looked at Slay, a male he had yet to be properly acquainted with. It certainly posed a difficult question. He himself was mated to Mew, who held a place in the council. Firefly was mated to Haku, who was second in command. Finally, Slay and Cercelee were mates, which meant the other had access to the highest ranking in the pack. He doubted the place would be awarded simply on who bedded whom, but he had to wonder if he could hold such a position of importance.

The grey male listened slowly, for a while saying nothing. But as the other wolves made their comments, he felt he had to say something himself. Stepping forward, he cleared his throat before declaring, "My heartfelt congratulations to Cwmfen on her promotion. She certainly deserves it and I am sure she will do great things for Dahlia. I also want to congratulate Firefly and Haku on their news, though for now it seems only the father is here." That puzzled him slightly. Where exactly was Firefly? Shrugging mentally, he added, "I have two things I would like to share with my fellow pack members. First, I myself have taken a mate, the gorgeous Mew Sadira and a co-rank, awarded by Cercelee. I am now the Ambassador for the pack and I hope I will be able to uphold my position with integrity and objectiveness." Smiling at Mew and inclining his head towards the leader, Lubomir took a deep breath. "The final piece of news relates to Wolfville itself. I have taken it upon myself to reopen our Library. So far the work has been great and varied, and I want to thank those among you who have helped. I anticipate the opening for --" But Lubomir never got to say when the Library would open.

She tore through their meeting like a gale, screaming and going for Haku. Startled, the grey male jumped slightly. She was screaming about them and his mind clicked instantly: puppies. Were they missing? Firefly seemed injured and terrified and for once he pitied her. Haku was not a good mate or father it seemed. With an anguished look towards his mate, Lubomir confidently walked across the square to stand by the woman's side. He dared not touch her, lest she turn on him, but with a calm voice, he said to her, "Firefly, what has happened? Calm down and tell us why you're in such a state. And what happened to the puppies." He hoped he had spoken loud enough for anyone to hear, without startling her further. Lubomir's heart was breaking at the thought of more drama in their lands. The loss of the pups, if it were true, would only hurt Mew more. He could not stand by such a thing.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread