call for amnesty
She felt relief at his words. She couldn't stand the thought of Dierdre ending up as ruined and heartbroken as herself. Not because she'd gotten pregnant so young, but because she was so unstable. She turned her vauge gaze to Pilot, trying to focus on him, on now. Sometimes it's like she's my mother. I never knew my mother, you know. She died giving birth to me. My father left us, though i always thought he died too. Dierdre always hated me for losing thanos...

She was rambling now, trying to explain to Pilot why she'd extracted such promises. Her words came out more disjointed, though. they made sense, but only if one understood who and when she was referring to. She called phoenix her father, thought he was Thanos. Phoenix was a better parent to her than me...I'm too fucked up to be a good mom. She deserved better. He left us, he didn't want us....later he regretted it, but it was too late. But she hated Soran....said it was unnatural.

I love her...i don't want her to have my problems. I don't want to have given those to her, along with my looks. I don't want her to repeat my mistakes, pilot.
She looked at him pleadingly, as if he could look into Dierdre and see what Deuce was referring to, and pull it out of the cinnamon girl.

Messages In This Thread