call for amnesty
[html]

Pilot didn’t know about all of these mistakes that Deuce had apparently made, but his promise had been made. He wouldn’t let Dierdre lead a life that she would regret – he would protect her until the end of time to the best of his ability. And that was a promise. He watched Deuce speak, eyes still wide in wonder. What had happened to this mother in her lifetime to make her so full of regret and worry? Whatever it had been, Pilot wanted to protect Dierdre from it, just as Deuce wanted.

Some things had already happened to Dierdre that Pilot couldn’t protect her from – the rape, for instance. However, he wanted to try and give the couple a more normal life, whatever that was. Maybe by starting a family and such, they could discover what it truly meant to be happy and safe. And secure. "I’m sure you did everything you could for her. But she’s an adult now. She’ll be able to fend for herself. I’m sure she’ll choose a path for herself that suits her. Don’t be afraid she’ll follow in your footsteps. After all, she’s done a lot of growing up just from when I first met her."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread