The One I Seek
[html]
style="background-image: url(http://i41.tinypic.com/2hrctw6.png); width: 519px; height: 437px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px;">
style="padding: 5px; position: relative; left: 100px; top: 55px; width: 280px; height: 300px; z-index: 2; overflow: auto;">

I HOLD SECRETS FLAME

Startling any other creature with his sudden appearance would not have struck him as odd, but she was different. She was like him. So for her to be so caught up in her head that she was unaware of another presence, no matter how silently it had appeared, gave him a hint as to her mindset. He was glad to see her snarl disappear as soon as she realized whom had joined her. In the woman he saw a reflection of his younger days now long since passed. Defeat was written all over her and he had little doubt that there had been foul play by the other party in the matter. After having failed at his mission when he was younger he had looked much the same as her. So consumed in his failure that he lost all track of the real world.

Nodding in response to her confirmation of condition he moved forward to stand next to her with her leave. Onus almost wished she hadn't felt the need to rise. It was clear that she was still healing from the ill-fated encounter. For a moment he felt as if he should offer her his hand as she had him that night, but he did not. This was different. Then it had been a gesture of respect. While this would not have been disrespect it would have no doubt hurt her already injured pride. Instead of asking further about how she felt, he used a different tactic. "Who did this? What happened?" There had been some crime here. The man just knew it.

"Hrm. More problems than solutions." Coming to this place he had thought it would be boring. Nothing like the scum filled streets of the cities he was used to. For the first few weeks it had seemed that he had been right. But with the emergence of this mass murderer things had taken a turn towards the more sinister. "Found scene of mass murder in southwest. Rapist on loose as well. Don't know if related. Not enough clues." The vigilante doubted she would have any information about either the madman or Conri Church, but he knew that if she did she would give it to him without his asking.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread