Truth Be told
[html]

Ly’s grey eyes grew concerned as the female began to rant and rave in French. He could pick out a few choice words, even some full phrases and while he liked what he heard, Conor and Emwe had stopped their game and looked up at the commotion. Sighing he absent mindedly patted the boys on the head, indicating the ball, waiting for Winnie to finish her speech. Then in English she declared that they didn’t belong to him. He furrowed his brow and glanced at the kids. He had instructed them not to talk to strangers, and he knew they wouldn’t. Everything, he told them, was for their own protection. Firefly’s visits and her words echoed that. They wouldn’t give him away.

“Hey now, come on sweetness, I told ya I had kids, don’t get mad at me.” Ly’s voice was calm, soothing. He did not care if she believed him or not, that game was over. More importantly was his new game, his new toys, the two little pair of eyes staring up, listening to every word he spoke. WTF, an egg? “Ils sont les enfants de ma petite ami…” Ly lowered his voice, unsure of how to convey it in French, his eyes shifted to the children to Winnie, making it apparent he did not want them to hear, and hopefully she would understand, after all, she didn’t want to be the homewrecker, did she? “They are adopted.” He pulled away, giving her a look.

Taking up the deerskin, he held it up, grinning, as if the matter of the pups, where they came from, and their parentage was already forgotten. “This is beautiful Winnie. Really, ya are too good to me, sweetness.” He came over to her, settled himself next to the women and nuzzling her tenderly, as if they were indeed a couple. “What can I do for you then?”
[/html]

Messages In This Thread