People are strange
[html]
"snuck" is not a word? My spellchecker hates it, apparently. Perhaps it is snuck in british english, but sneaked in American?
Word Count: 319

Mew jumped, tossing the book in a random direction, when a voice sounded by the door behind her. Ah! The sound clearly gave away that she was startled, but if she hadn't uttered a sound it would still be apparent by the flying book. It landed with a thump to her left, but Mew had already spun around to look at whoever it was that had snuck up on her. Relieved in a second she saw the curious form of Alexey, a femme who had come back from some absence, and whom Mew had met one-on-one only once. However, she'd been so occupied at the time, she'd been afraid it was Lubomir, and had he seen how she treated the books he would probably be very irritated with her. It seemed, however, that it was "only" Alexey, and Mew took one hand to her chest as she breathed loudly, once or twice, communicating her relief and startled state. It was by instinct, and not intentionally, she did these movements.

Oh, Alexey, I didn't hear you at all, completely in my own world. Turning again, halfway, to be able to turn her head to look at the book, but also have Alexey at the right angle so her head could be turned to her as well, without having to turn fully around for either, Mew gestured vaguely as she spoke. She was calmer now, although her heart still beat fast. It would likely ease in not long. I'm trying to find a book which tells me how to repair strings on an instrument I've found... I'm trying to make it work properly. Picking up a book, her hands deftly flipped through all the pages in one movement, before she closed it again and tossed it - gently now, instead of angry as before - to land on the table. .. but none of them will give me my answer, I'm afraid.

Sexy table made by Kristinababe!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread