tear it down build it up
[html]
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/548/ ... bottom.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

The small child quickly stopped her tears, trying hard to hide any distress that had been so evident only moments before. Leland smiled down at her, pretending he didn’t notice how upset she was, because if he argued with her on the fact she might grown even more unhappy. Instead he only nodded, his voice genuine and kind. “Oh yes, o’ course. I can see ya er fine. An’ why not? A smart girl like yerself can take care of herself, yeah?” He smiled, and settled himself a little bit away from her, not watching too carefully but making sure she wasn’t in any real trouble.

After a moment or two of minding his own business he turned back, still friendly and kind, his tail thumped heavily on the ground a few times. “But if ya weren’t jus’ fine, ya could ask me fer help ya know. I mean, that’s what the tribe members er fer, yeah?” He nodded sagely, then turned averted his eyes again, pretending to be busy staring up at the sky. Once more he turned to the girl, offering her a wide smile. “I’m Leland… jus’ so we aren’t strangers.”
[/html]

Messages In This Thread