A Distant Memory Made Manifest
[html]
She spoke, but her words were wrong. Yes, she had replied, I was waiting. And I have been waiting. I have been waiting for my body to heal so that I may live again. Hybrid's frown deepened. Wrong, wrong, wrong. That was not what she had been waiting for. She could always wait for that. She could always for something more, something better -- something better for herself. She could always wait for that, and Hybrid did not care how long she had to wait. It did not matter. He had found her because she had been anticipating something -- someone. Perhaps for Hybrid, but most likely not. Hybrid's gaze remained trained on the female. He remained silent.

Have you come to finish the job? There’s no one stopping you. Hybrid's frown was gone, but he felt something inside him freeze. He had not even considered that. His visit had another objective; however, it was one too profound for him to understand. "You're wrong," he replied at last, his voice coming out cracked, almost breathless. He coughed, but he still felt a strange tickle at the back of his throat. "You weren't waiting for the healing to finish. That's just... the physical," he replied. "Do even exist, physically? I do. But you cannot. You are..." he trailed off, trying to understand his thoughts. He did not know. "I don't know you," he stated. And he didn't.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread