A Distant Memory Made Manifest

[html]
http://i42.tinypic.com/2dif428.png); background-position: center top; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 500px; background-color: #000;">
Hybrid regarded the girl as she spoke, his eyes not once moving from hers. She said a great deal, most of which he did not understand. He never could and never would. It would be impossible for him, since he was unlike most creatures out there. He was only able to speak of these things because he was conversing with the blue warrior. Had he been speaking to anyone else, he would have said nothing. He would have thought nothing. Not because he had nothing to think, but because no one gave him any reasons to think like this girl did. This only confused him more. Why, of all creatures, should the one he both understood and could never understand, be a female wolf? Of all the things he loathed in the world, it had to be this: her.

"Then we should all die," he replied in response to everything she said. Neither he nor her had any right to live. There was no charter, and there was no treatise declaring these rights. They assumed they should live, and through this assumption, many had thrived. But therein laid the key to their survival: that they remain blissfully unaware of everything around them, of everything that made them. Of everything that could unmake them. Of all the things Hybrid did know, he understood he was one who unmade things. He stopped living creatures and brought them to their death, just like he was supposed to.

Luperci assumed they deserved names. They assumed they should speak, and that they somehow had a right to use this virus. To their advantage, no less. Instead of fearing it like they should, they abused it and manipulated to manipulate themselves. Hybrid did this. But he felt no remorse, like Cwmfen seemed to. He wondered if she grieved for them. For everyone and their souls. He supposed they needed someone to. But at the same time, why burdone oneself with the duty? No one asked her to. But it was necessary. That was why he hoped to kill her one day.

"I hope I am the one who ends your existence," he noted. "It would be a beautiful conclusion. And then I will take your tail." He paused for a moment, wondering if he had told her that. He remembered thinking it - but had he told her? He frowned, then shook his head. It didn't matter. As long as she knew he wanted to deliver her into the chaos, where she belonged, he was satisfied.

IMAGE CREDIT
[/html]

Messages In This Thread