come on in, the water's fine
[html]

Words: 300+

Coli tipped her muzzle back, sighing with pleasure as the dying rays of the sun's warmth kissed her exposed throat. The sunset glinted orange and gold on her soft cream fur, shining on the silky hair of her mane. The effervescent beauty of nature - it could never be reclaimed. This moment would only happen once. Lowering herself flat onto her back on the rock, Coli let the empty bottle slip from her claws, falling with a slight splash into the lake. Perhaps some small fish could call it home, she mused, relaxing on the warm stone surface. In her intoxicated state, everything felt nice, the world felt nice all around her. People hated her, but for tonight, she did not have to care...

"Eh? I'm not pretty, Anu," Coli giggled, gazing up at the slender lady beside her. She had almost forgotten she wasn't alone, for one befuddled moment. "You're prettier than me. Hee hee, what? What were you gonna say?" She smiled brightly, wriggling her toes expectantly. Anu had grown sad, though, and the sight of her lachrymose blue eyes fought through the haze of Coli's buzz.

"Anu... Are your packmates blind, too?" she asked softly, rolling onto her side to face her new friend. "They must notice you. I mean, you're amazing! I've only known you for a little bit, but you make me feel so... so... peaceful! Like it doesn't matter how bad things are, because you're here...!" Coli smiled lop-sidedly, trying clumsily to comfort the Brigadier General. She wasn't used to physical contact, but Deuce Rhiannon had made her feel better once... how had she done it again? It was like a hug, but you had to rest your head on their shoulder, too. Maybe that would make Anu feel warm again. Separated from her inhibitions, Coli sat up, prepared to try her 'secret weapon' if Anu still seemed unhappy.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread