come on in, the water's fine
[html]

Words: 300+

Anu remained still and peaceful beside her, her calming presence a welcome one to the tipsy young woman. Coli didn't want to bare her soul any more, it was too painful to keep reliving her past over and over... but once started, it was impossible not to tumble all the way to the bottom. She could only hope that the Brigadier General beside her would not tire of her slurred ranting, and perhaps they would both be lucky enough to forget it all in the morning. Wasn't that how drinking worked? It helped you forget your problems? "I guess I am a little tired," she mumbled, brushing her silky hair back behind one ear. "But I don't want to be a quitter, either..."

A bitter smile played on Coli's lips as she tried not to giggle any more, tried to rein in her hysteria. "Wh-who is Haku? You don't know Haku Soul, the warmonger of Dahlia de Mai?" For a brief moment she was happy, for once, to have anonymity, but that faded as soon as she remembered that now she had to explain herself, and then Anu would hate her too. "Haku is the father that abandoned me, then took me back in, raised me for a while, then gave in to his madness, b-beat and raped me, abandoned me to die..." And with that revelation, all of her insecurities made sense; to be betrayed twice by the only family she had known, to spend a year in solitude recuperating from wounds both physical and mental, it would leave anyone with a dearth of self-esteem. Now to live in a pack where that father held one of the highest ranks they offered - where he had loyal underlings despite all the atrocities he had committed - it was so hard for her to see herself as anything other than the trash beneath his feet. "Does it make sense now...? I can't possibly love myself, Anu. Sullied as I am, no one else could love me either, not really..." The sunset was forgotten as she glared at her reflection in the lake, upset with herself for dumping her problems on someone else, yet again. This time she could blame it on the alcohol, along with the angry tears that she scrubbed stubbornly from her delicate muzzle. "...S-sorry for ruining your vacation."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread