come on in, the water's fine
[html]

OoC: Ah, I love all of your posts. So beautiful! ^_^ This will be my last reply, for the sake of the deadline. You can end if you like, or just "fade to black" now. Thank you so much for having this thread with me!
Words: 300+

Coli could honestly say that she had never felt so alive before, feeling her own trembling pulse throughout her body, feeling the very light of the stars glinting on her silky hair. She had no idea how they had reached this point, and instinct told her this moment could never last. It was too magical to remain anywhere except in her memories. It was so quiet by the lakefront, every second seemed to hang in the air before them, lasting for a lifetime and then vanishing, as fleeting as each before it. She dared not speak, for fear of breaking the spell that held them in place.

Anu smiled then, a beautiful expression on the pale-furred fae's muzzle, and her gentle hand slipped from Coli's damp cheek to her tense shoulder, the warmth flooding through her from the contact. She felt a faint blush rising behind her creamy-furred cheeks, but it was not from embarrassment. Wordlessly, she raised her hand, shyly touching Anu's fingertips with her own. It was a tiny gesture, but a bold one all the same, amplified by her inability to look away. Was this what love felt like...? She hadn't expected to fall in love with a woman... but there was no denying how much she yearned for Anu to touch her again. No need to think. Her mind was buzzing incoherently anyway, jumbling her words into an incomprehensible mess. She couldn't even tell why anymore, whether it was the wine she had so needily consumed, the tension vibrating palpably in the air between them, or her own anxieties, wailing in her head that none of this could be real... that this was too perfect to actually be happening to her.

"...Please..." Coli finally whispered, raising her trembling hand to brush tenderly against Anu's slender throat, rising up to her soft cheek. She swallowed nervously, her bright eyes filled with pleading. She didn't want to go, not ever. They could stay here forever like this, and it would be the most perfect heaven on earth. She didn't want to return to her worries and her doubts, to the day-to-day turmoil of living, to question whether this meeting ever happened, and if she should try to seek out Anu again after this. In the light of day, without the drink coursing their veins, would they still feel the same? This unbearable attraction, the gravity between two broken souls?

"...I can't let you go without knowing what it's like." And she let her eyelashes flutter shut, feeling her heart stop as she leaned forward for her first kiss.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread